Monday, March 16, 2009

2nd Tooth Lost (12/31/2008)


We went to see "Bed Time Stories" with a good friend. About 15 minutes before the end of the movie, Michael leaned over and said, "My tooth really hurts." The bottom middle one had been loose for a while. (not as long as the first, though) I said we'd pull it out when we got home.

About 5 minutes before the end of the movie, he leans over and says urgently, "I pulled out my tooth and dropped it." Oh, no. I told him not to move, that the movie was almost over and the lights would come on. We'd look for it then.

So, the movie ended. It was really good. The lights come back on, but not all the way. My friend is holding her cell phone with the light on down under his seat for me to see. I squatted down and was gingerly patting the floor (EWWWW) trying to feel the tooth. There were a lot of things that looked like a tooth. Each that I picked up ended up being a fragmented piece of popcorn. (EWWWWW)

After I'd given a pretty good effort to find my son's tooth. I was preparing the words of disappointment when I saw on his shirt, THE TOOTH! It stuck right to his shirt! PHEW!!!

What a mother will do for her kids: feel around on the movie theater floor for a tooth in the almost dark.

No comments: